Water Tapping Bands
4N Tapping Bands are precision moulded in a high grade, engineered nylon blend plastic with 316 stainless steel bolts and nuts coated in a specially formulated anti galling compound. Suits all AS diameter pipes and pipe surfaces and are available with 20, 25, 32, 40 & 50mm tapered BSP threaded Off Takes, in accordance with AS/NZS 1722.
4N Tapping Bands are suitable for a multitude of pipes with numerous benefits, are colour coded to match pipe types for easy field identification:-
- 4N White suits Series 1 PVC pipe (Irrigation) rated to PN16
- 4N Blue suits Series 2 PVC and Ductile Iron pipe (Mains Water) rated to PN16
- 4N Black suits PE (Polyethylene) pipe rated to PN16
- 4N Lilac available in all types
- 4N Tapping Bands are available to suit from 40mm to 315mm pipe
- Tapping Bands to suit 40mm and 50mm copper pipe only
- Easy to install
- The nuts are coated with a specially formulated anti galling compound
- They are suitable for all diameter pipes and pipe surfaces and are available with 20, 25, 32, 40 & 50mm BSP threaded Off Takes
- Off Takes in accordance with AS/NZS 1722
- The E-Lip EPDM rubber seal requires low bolt torque to be effective, therefore reduces point loading on the pipe
PE Pipe Re-rounding
Re-rounding is the term used to re-shape a deformed pipe prior to a patch repair or installation. On occasions, PE (polyethylene) pipe can lose its “ovality” due to time stored or being stored on a coil. A re-rounding tool is recommended to be used to return the pipe back to a circular shape. Tapping bands are NOT designed to re-shape pipe and should not be used for this purpose otherwise they could fail. Contractors are encouraged to use the appropriate re-rounding tool at all times to ensure that installations are carried out according to the utilities and manufacturers requirements. Refer to link below for more information on Re-rounding tools.